Mexico is not all about gangsters and drugs. It is a great country with a super friendly population, an endless array of things to do and many places of interest. Sadly the US media coverage of the country has led some North Americans to view it as an unsafe, crime-ridden quasi war zone where children get kidnapped every day and drugs cartels rule the law.
We believe some Americans should reshape their mind about their southern neighbour Mexico, a country that has so much to offer and is well worth visiting!
Unleash your creativity to create a humorous, intelligent viral video that will make the American people discover that Mexico is not at all what they have been told... and make them want to book a trip there.
It’s normal that these people think this, because some of the American press tells them frightening information…
“But, did you know for instance that the crime index of 14 murders per 1000,000 inhabitants in the entire country of Mexico isn’t much different from a city like New York or Houston with respective indexes of 16 and 14? More than 95 percent of Mexico’s municipalities are at least as safe as the average US traveler’s hometown.”
Show us that Mexico is safer and much more fun that some alarmist newspaper headlines would make them believe.
Help up convince the reluctant tourists that they should believe the reality rather than the hype!
We will select entries that would convince in a humorous and entertaining way that Mexico is a safe place to visit and not the war zone some Americans think it is.
- Your video must be in English.
- Your video, if it’s good and selected, will be amplified on the Internet and on social media… so there needs to be some kind of irony or humour in your creation because we believe it’s a nice way to reach people!
- Your video must have a viral potential, this goes with two ingredients: an appealing title that will make people want to click and an attractive thumbnail (once your video is accepted into the contest, please choose your best thumbnail on "My eYeka/Manage my media/Edit thumbnail).
- Keep in mind these videos are intended for the US, please take into account their sensibility.
- Don’t hesitate to put some hard facts in your video to make your speech credible.
- To make your video, we allow you to access the music catalogue of Jamendo Pro: click HERE to access the Jamendo library music which is only available for this call for entries. You will have to sign in with this password: mexico
All the music available to you is free of right so you can use it in your movies.
Caution! Do not forget to indicate the following in the description of your media on eYeka:
• Music by [artist name]
• Track [song title]
• Track ID [unique identifier of the song]
• Powered by Jamendo PRO
- Please use images and music that are free of rights.
- Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
FORMAT: a video or animation from 30 to 45 seconds.
PRIZES: 7 500 €
1st prize: 5 000 €
2nd prize: 1 500 €
3rd prize: 1 000 €
TIMING FOR UPLOAD
Start Date: November 8 2011, 18:00 (UTC)
End Date: December 19 2011, 23:59 (UTC)
Contestants undertake to submit creative and original works.
Contestants warrant that they hold all rights upon submitted works and warrant that the use of the works in the contest does not violate any third parties' rights.
Contestants acknowledge that in case of breach of these rules, the organiser shall be entitled to deem their participation and the prize granting as void.
Participants undertake not to upload Submission, of any kind or any nature: which is racist, xenophobic, a denial or likely to damage anyone's reputation, which provokes discrimination, hatred or violence vis-à-vis an individual or group of individuals on account of their origin, sex, family situation, physical appearance, family name, health, disability, genetic characteristics, morals, actual or assumed sexual tendencies, age, political opinions, union activities, actual or assumed adherence to an ethnic group, nation, race or religion.
- #1 賞 5,000€
- #2 賞 1,500€
- #3 賞 1,000€