Show us how a personal computer empowers people to go do something wonderful!
Personal computer (PC) today has become an essential part of people’s lives. People use it to work, communicate, create and do all kinds of wonderful things.
However, there are still millions of people in the world who have not bought their first PC (in India, China, Brazil, Indonesia, some African countries and many other places around the world). They are getting familiar with PCs through using them at Internet café, friend’s or work. They are still hesitating to buy their own PC because they cannot envision how it could change their lives, their families' or the communities they live in.
Intel wants to bring excitement to these people by showing that personal computers offer the opportunity for self-expression, connection with others, entertainment, education, employment and significant changes in their lives and in their societies. In a nutshell, Intel wants to inspire and empower people to “GO DO SOMETHING WONDERFUL”.
Through a refreshingly unique, engaging and original creation, show us how a personal computer can empower someone to do something wonderful, for himself/herself or others and inspire them to take actions.
Your audience needs to be inspired rather than informed; moved and not just be educated on what a PC does. It is less about the technology and more about the life experience. You need to tell inspirational yet real human stories - slices of life from all around the world and stories that connect people in their search for their own "Wonderful". “Go Do Something Wonderful” is about celebrating people’s acts of change in order to inspire others. Instead of trying to create superstars, let’s demonstrate the mindset that allows people to achieve that. It can be a simple or small action in people’s lives but it embodies the spirit of pursuing wonderfulness. You can give your interpretation of “wonderfulness” in your cultural context but it’s important for people to believe that these stories could happen to them as well.
Tips from eYeka: (we are not giving the answers but just thought starters so please do not make your work look exactly like our examples)
Think about the small changes that people around you are making. For example someone may have just started a small business to pursue a passion: e.g. a fashion lover starts a small boutique and gets all her inspiration and orders from internet and through her PC. Or it can be someone who is creating art pieces by using PC, and use these as secret gifts to bring surprise and joy to friends and colleagues. Or it can be an engrossing story about how a personal computer connects 2 different worlds. E.g. a boy in a village wants to create an aeroplane and he can consult an expert and professor in a university through a PC and Internet. With their help, he manages to make his dream come true; etc.
- #1 賞 10,000€
- #2 賞 4,000€
- #3 賞 1,000€
- #1 賞 4,500€
- #2 賞 1,500€
- #3 賞 1,000€
Video/animation 17, 27 or 42 seconds; illustration or photography
We are expecting simple but unique and groundbreaking stories. Stories that inspire and move people about the wonderful things a PC can bring to people’s life and how much it can change their lives. And stories can encourage people to take action on “go do something wonderful”.
In addition to prizes, the winning entries will be featured on Intel’s social media channels.
As the best video work will be used in pre-rolls online, which are very strict in terms of duration (like the TV ads), please follow the time duration guideline we put in “Format”.
• Please avoid politics, religion, sexual innuendo, competitive bashing, cruel humor, animal cruelty, violence, social stereotyping and sexual stereotyping in your creation
• We need to inspire people to buy a PC (or a laptop). Avoid phones, tablets and Apple products in your creation.
• If you need to feature a PC, it needs to use an Intel processor. Please hide/blur the brand of the PC when you feature it in your creation.
• Your entry must be in English or in other languages with English subtitles.
• Please feature the tagline “GO DO SOMETHING WONDERFUL” in the last frame of your creation and leave it for 2-3 seconds (for video). Please download tagline from here.
• You can download Intel logo here.
• Please prepare a single file (PPT/PDF presentation) if you are submitting prints or documents with multiple pages.
• Do not show any personal details in the entry (name, contact number, e-mail address etc.)
• Keep a high-quality version of your creation to be used if you are selected as a winner.
• Your media has to be your own creation to be considered into the contest.
• You must have obtained written permission from each of the authors who have contributed to the media.
• If you have used elements (music, photographs, designs, etc.) that are not yours, please state in your media description whether or not the music and/or image(s) you used is/are your own creation and provide links to the license granting you the rights of using it.
• eYeka will ask you to provide written proofs or a copy of all written documents confirming such authorizations enabling eYeka and its clients to use the media pursuant to the terms of the Rules of the contest.
• Media that does not comply with these rules will not be considered for the contest.