Create a name for a whole protein formula milk for PKU.
What is Phenylketonuria?
Phenylketonuria, also known as PKU, is a rare condition in which an individual is born without the ability to properly break down an amino acid called phenylalanine (Phe).
Untreated PKU can lead to irreversible brain damage and marked mental retardation within the first few months of life, and/or behavioral problems and seizures in older children.
Soon after birth, babies are screened for phenylketonuria. Although PKU is rare, recognizing PKU right away can help prevent serious health problems.
People with PKU — babies, children and adults — need to follow a diet that limits Phe, which is found mostly in foods that contain protein. Diets consist in limiting the consumption of products containing Phe, particularly high protein foods, such as a chicken, meat, fish, eggs, nuts and more.
PKU patients must also rely on low Phe containing cereals, starches, fruits, and vegetables.
Such restrictive diets make it impossible for individuals to obtain the necessary daily nutrition. Therefore, they must drink a special formula.
A newborn who is diagnosed with PKU should receive special infant formula. Older children and adults continue to drink a protein substitute formula to meet their nutritional needs. It will help repair cells during illness, not feeling hungry, provide energy, improve sleep, increase concentration, build muscles cells. This formula should be consumed every day throughout a person's life.
Formula milk to treat PKU
Most formulas are currently made of synthetic amino acids.
Instead of this, our sponsor is developing a PKU formula that is made from a natural whole protein derived from whey, called glycomacropeptide (GMP). GMP is produced during the cheese making process and it is the only naturally occurring protein that does not contain phenylalanine (Phe) in its pure form.
The natural absence of Phe in this unique protein makes it ideal for the PKU diet.
The brand needs your help to create a friendly name for this scientific formula milk for PKU patients.
Find a friendly name for new formula milk made with natural whole protein, for patients who suffer from PKU.
The new product is at the cutting edge of science and ‘doing good’ in a more natural way. The body is used to consuming whole proteins, hence this formula is a return to a more normal way of ingesting protein.
Also, this GMP formula milk is better because:
- It stabilizes Phe levels throughout the day, leading to increased energy and improved concentration.
- It restores levels of the hunger hormone, hence it leaves patients feeling fuller for longer.
- It reduces Phe absorption across the blood brain barrier because it contains high levels of large neutral amino acids, reducing the risk of disease progression.
Your name should convey naturality. Why naturality? Because this product contains a ‘whole’ protein, the way mother nature intended, instead of man-made broken down amino acids.
For regulatory reasons, you cannot use the following words: “natural”, “nature”, “complete”.
Along with your naming idea, we would like you to provide a short paragraph of explanation. Tell us why you picked or created this name.
Don’t be scientific. Think naturality (although you can’t use the word: “natural”) and whole protein.
For naming contests, we don’t give you examples of good names, as it would “spoil” them. We decide to leave you the blank page…
- #1 賞 1,000€
- #2 賞 500€
- #3 賞 300€
Naming ideas (a name + a paragraph of explanations.)
Your name should be clever and communicate the benefit of having a natural whole protein in a formula milk for treatment of PKU.
- The product is for babies, children and adults.
- This is a brand that cares about getting the best nutrition possible. It comes from a company that is committed to providing the best care possible and always going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Please provide a short text explaining your idea.
- Please make sure to enter your name idea as the title of your file when uploading it, and copy-paste your explanation in the media description.
- Phenylketonuria (PKU): a condition in which an individual is born without the ability to properly break down an amino acid called phenylalanine (Phe).
- Phenylalanine (Phe): an essential amino acid found naturally in the breast milk of mammals.
- Glycomacropeptide (GMP) : a highly bioactive whey protein with superior purity. It is produced during the cheese making process and it is the only naturally occurring protein that does not contain phenylalanine (Phe) in its pure form.
- Entry has to be in English