Inspire people to enjoy ice cream all year round!
Unilever owns several ice-cream brands, including Cornetto, Magnum, Carte d’Or and many more. In this challenge, they would like to come up with out-of-the-box ideas that will get people eating ice cream all year long, and not just during the summer months.
They are looking for your help to find ways to help change when people feel like eating ice cream – from just in the summer, to the whole year round!
Do you think you have the creativity to convince consumers? Let’s see!
In a poster with a visual and text, inspire us with creative and out-of-the-box ideas that will get people enjoying ice cream all year round.
If you’re an ice cream lover, you probably want to eat it all year round, but not everyone is like that. A lot of people in warm countries only remember to have an ice cream during the warmer months of the year, especially during the summer. So how might you be able to convince these people to eat ice cream in the winter? We don’t have the answer – we need your help for that – but we do know a few things that might help you in your challenge:
- Ice cream can be a treat, a dessert, a moment to enjoy with my friends or a family treat after dinner;
- It can be just to unwind, relax, take time out on my own, even an indulging treat for myself.
- Ice cream can fill a craving, when I want something sweet or even in between meals, when my energy is running low and I need an uplift.
So, what kinds of ideas are we looking for? They could be anything you think will change people’s behaviour, but you can start by thinking of:
- Innovation: what new product would tempt people to start eating ice cream in cold weather?
- Communication: what could we tell people, and how would we say it, so that people would start to consider having ice cream in the winter? Could we do anything in shops that could convince them to buy it?
- Packaging: what new packaging ideas could we bring to life that would surprise people and arouse an irresistible desire to have ice cream, no matter how cold?
Submit your idea or if you have more than one idea, please submit them as separate entries.
It is not necessary to feature an ice-cream brand in your submission, but you are free to pick one of the Unilever brands listed above to use in your entry.
Remember to send us your best and most out-of-the-box ideas that don’t have anything to do with cooling down or eating ice cream in summer. We want your ideas that will convince people to enjoy ice cream even on a day that’s not hot.
Please answer the following three questions in the template provided:
- What is your entry about? Please give a short description and also tell us if it’s innovation, communication or packaging.
- How will your idea surprise people and get them to have an ice cream, even when it’s cold outside?
- What is different about your idea and why is that important?
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
As you’re imagining your idea, think about some of the barriers that keep people from eating ice cream all year round.
- It’s easy to catch a cold during winter if I eat ice cream. Therefore mothers refrain from giving ice cream to their children as well.
- Eating ice cream when it's cold can cause a sore throat.
- I only want to eat things that can warm me up when the weather’s cooler.
- Ice cream is refreshing, therefore it’s for hot days in the summer.
How would your idea change people’s minds about ice cream?
- #1 賞 1,500€
- #2 賞 600€
- #3 賞 400€
Poster with a visualization of your idea and answers to the three questions, using the template provided.
We are looking for out-of-the box ideas that will break the clichéd idea that ice cream is for summer consumption, and get people enjoying it throughout the year.
- Entries must be in English only.
- Use this template for your submission. Your entry must include a visual of your idea and descriptive text that answers the questions above.